Being excited about my new project and relishing in the thought of its impending success led me to wonder how there could be anything better than the feeling I have right now.
I feel giddy. I feel pretty. I feel powerful. I feel happy. I feel like I am on top of the world. No, nothing has happened yet, I’m still squeaking by financially but I feel so good about what I am doing that I just feel like someone just shocked me with a joy stick.
I feel this brilliant filling from my core to my bantu knots and I can’t imagine feeling more satisfied and complete. I love organizing this. I love celebrating people. I love blogging. I love coordinating. I love my life right now. I swear.
But then I think- If creating my goals feels this good and fulfilling, why do so many women put their goals on the backburner so they can be married? I mean, why is the relationship part of life so important? I don’t get it. What I feel right now, in the midst of attempting to make my dream come true is thrilling and fantastic and scary but awesome at the same time.
There ain’t no way I could feel like this about another PERSON. Ha!
Well, maybe that’s a good thing because I know I’m not wife material. I’m a side chick. I’m the runner up. I’m the one you go to to have a good time, not the one who irons your shirts before a big meeting.
5 Reasons I Am Not Wife Material
1. I am not having any (more) kids. That’s not happening. I’d sell my womb first.
2. I am not cooking and cleaning for anyone. I don’t even do it for myself.
3. I don’t want to represent anyone. Don’t hold me up on a pedestal and tell the world I am “Yours” and have everything I do be a reflection of you. I don’t represent anyone but myself.
4. I don’t like routine. Do I look like I can keep a job for longer than a year? What makes you think that I will want to look at the same person for an extended period of time? I don’t think I can handle that much interaction.
5. I don’t want to be married. That shit looks boring! OMG! Whenever I see people in long term relationships or married, they don’t look like they’re having fun, building empires and making waves, they look like they just sit on the couch, go on a vacation or two a year and fight with each other in their personal prison. Ugh! Why would I want that? I don’t admire people in relationships, it looks boring as hell.